The Staggers Recovery House is a federally funded grant program administered in conjunction with the WV Bureau for Behavioral Health. We provide a 12 to 18 month residential living program for women in recovery. Residents are expected to maintain a structured daily schedule, attend self-help meetings, perform community service, and obtain goals regarding their education, training, and occupation through a progressive level system.
The Staggers Recovery House provides a range of services from within the program including linkages to outside treatment resources to address both individually and as a group, substance abuse, mental health and other health care issues. Accountability including a consistent theme of honesty and integrity are emphasized in our program. The resident is expected to be an active participant in their own recovery as well as an active participant in the community.
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Women can be pregnant
• Must have a substance abuse history with a primary diagnosis of substance abuse.
• All client referrals must come through a Day Report Center in the designated region.
• Must agree to sign all necessary consents to coordinate legal, medical, mental health, addictions and all other care needed.
• Client must be in or have completed an educational program and working or pursuing work or educational program of their choice.
• Be able to pass a drug test upon admission.
• Any medical/psychiatric conditions must be stabilized before entering the Recovery House.
• Residents with open court cases are eligible for admission.
• Residents convicted/have open charges for sex offenses, arson, weapon charges or other serious violent crimes will be reviewed by the Director.